Shop Hoagies' Page before you visit your favorite on-line stores
and many more of your favorite stores. Thanks for
making Hoagies' Gifted community possible!
Your donations help keep Hoagies' Gifted Education Page on-line.
Support Hoagies' Page!
2e (Twice Exceptional) Products
For more Twice Exceptional topical links and references visit...
- Keyboard (nearly indestructible) for kids' use in school and at home.
It's light, simple, and connects easily to home or school PCs or printers.
Comes in several versions, Neo (which runs additional software, including
Neo version of Inspiration) and Dana (which runs Palm OS and other
palm-based accessory programs including a Palm version of Inspiration, and
has wireless capability)
Wireless Premium 12.0
Home version, by Nuance Communications
- Provides a whole new way to interact with a PC--using speech instead of a
keyboard and mouse--to help you work faster and more efficiently...
by Flashmaster, Inc.
- A toy, a learning tool... both. Replaces flash cards for
+-*/ math facts. Optional timer, sounds. Missed problems can be run separately. Change the
problem format, put the
"variable" in any position. A great tool that's great fun, even
for twice exceptional gifted kids...
HumanWare in the U.S.
- For those of us who find reading a challenge, it’s time to dream in a new
way... Snap a picture, and it reads to you. Point-shoot-listen.
Use on books, worksheets, menus, more...
Intel Makes Leap in Device to Aid Impaired Readers in the Wall Street
- Records audio and links it what you write. Missed something? Tap on your
notes or drawings with the tip of your Pulse smartpen to hear what was said
while you were writing. No Need to Lug the Laptop.
Livescribe Pulse Smartpen: It's a Keeper
Writer with Word Prediction
- Wireless keyboard, PC and Mac compatible, with dictionary,
spell-checker, optional Word Prediction, and more! And less
expensive than the Alphasmart...
Hidden Curriculum One-A-Day Calendar for Older Adolescents and Adults -
Items for Understanding Unstated Rules in Social Situations by Judy
- Thought-provoking hidden curriculum items, written by a woman on the
autistic spectrum herself, have broad applicability across adulthood. Items
cover topics such as social relationships, community, money matters,
workplace, and many others... Also
Hidden Curriculum One-A-Day Calendar for Kids
- Machine washable weighted sleep blankets, made to order...
- Balance Balls / Balance Ball Chair
Balance Ball Chair
- This unique "chair" employs the same balance ball used in workout
routines, but with it you also get an adjustable support bar, easy-glide
casters, and an air pump. The ball helps develop core body strength,
relieves back strain and stress, and can be removed for regular workouts...
- Available in five sizes, Exercise Balls are inflatable balls used to
strengthen muscles, balance training, improve posture...
- Finger Fidgets...
Mini Sand Animals
- Small (4" to 6.5") sand animals to quietly run around your
- With 18 pieces interconnected, this twisty toy keeps your fingers good
Aaron's Thinking Putty
Crazy Aaron's directly)
- Choose your favorite color. You can use Thinking Putty as a toy, a stress
ball, a squeeze toy, or as therapy putty. As an office toy, Thinking Putty
will draw the jealousy of your co-workers. As a toy, you will never be able
to put it down. I promise!" - Crazy Aaron
- Handwriting Without Tears
- Easy handwriting methods for printing, cursive, for use by parents or
Inspiration (also from
Kidspiration (also from
- Powered by techniques of visual learning, software strengthens critical
thinking, comprehension and writing across the curriculum, in language arts,
science, social studies and anytime your students need to structure research
or other thought processes; or Kidspiration for grade K-5
Letterland (also from Amazon.com:
Early Years Handbook,
Programme 1 Workbooks 1-4, and the Letterland Storybooks:
Clever Cat and the Clown,
Kicking King Lost in Letterland,
Letterland ABC Book)
- Supported by learning research, Letterland pictograms activate every
learning channel, linking all the things that children love - social
interaction, movement, art, craft, drama, rhym - directly to letter knowledge.
Good for dyslexic and other reading difficulties
the Training Wheels with Rainbow Trainers
- Lose The Training Wheels™ works with youngsters who experience difficulty
in getting past training wheels -- and onto conventional two-wheelers. LTTW
focuses on children with varying forms of disabilities, although able-bodied
children can also benefit...
- Mathematical word processing, with LaTeX typesetting. Full computer
algebra capabilities using natural mathematical notation, so it's easy to
use. Compute symbolically or numerically, integrate, differentiate,
and solve algebraic and differential equations. Great for dysgraphic
kids, to type their advanced mathematics. Student usage and free trial
Magic Sleep Garden CD
- Calms and relaxes poor sleepers, allowing them to get to sleep. I
don't know why, but this really works for some gifted kids!
- Brings the problem solving power of expert mathematicians to your
computer. Student Edition available...
- GNU Octave is a high-level language, primarily intended for numerical
computations... (free, and as good as MATLAB and others)
- Software, converts printed documents or graphic based text into an
electronic text format using accurate optical character recognition and
Magic (sometimes available from
- Skip training wheels and devices. Stop prolonged teaching sessions.
Watch powerful Pedal Magic video. Ride your bike in 2-5 minutes...
by Pacific Writing Instruments
- A comfortable pen for those with poor grip or hand or wrist difficulties.
Unique wishbone-shaped design...
Creatures (U.S.) or
- Often called sand animals, these millet-filled creations are often spotted
at gifted conferences. Cute and functional, they are
less-expensive alternatives to weighted gear, with lizards as lap weights and
snakes as shoulder weights...
from Scratch (RfS/EL)
- A program of science-based teaching techniques, trains the brain to read
with the left side. The Enhanced Lateraliztion techniques can be used
in other areas, too...
- Hammock chair provides sensory integration swinging at home, swinging back
and forth and 360 degrees around...
Story Cubes by Gamewright (or from
- Let your imagination roll wild with Rory's Story Cubes! This
pocket-sized creative story generator provides hours of imaginative fun for
all ages. Roll the Story Cubes, nine dice with a different icon on each
side, and look at the face up images. Pick an image to start your story.
Beginning with "Once upon a time...", make up a story that somehow links all
9 face up images. There are no wrong answers!
of the Earth Weighted Gear
- Weighted blankets, vests, or lap pads are wonderful aids for children with
autism, PDD, ADHD & other sensory disorders, helpful in settling & calming for
sleeping or napping, or effective calming aid for quiet times such as
studying, eating or watching TV...
- A hanging chair and footrest, supported from a single point - use it
indoors or outdoors, great for kids (and adults!) with Sensory Integration
by ThinkFun (or from
- Stretch your vocabulary and quick thinking skills...
Rizr Dawn Simulator (not an alarm clock),
SunRise Digital Alarm Clock Dawn / Dusk Simulator Clock with White Noise,
Health GoLite P1 Blue Spectrum Light Therapy Device (portable, fully
- Light generating systems help with Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) or
just plain waking up on those cold winter mornings...
Topics Conversation Cards
- At the dinner table, at bedtime, in the car... these great conversation
starters will get the conversation going - great for 2e kids to learn
conversation skills and topics. Various editions, including
Girls Night Out, and
Spirit. Also try
Travel Topics to Go
including Election Topics, and
including My Life...
- Software solution designed to help individuals be more successful with
test taking, worksheet completion, and study materials
Ironman Data Link USB Watch
- Up to 200 alarms with 5 minute back-up alarm, plus up to 200 countdown
timers with messages and an optional halfway alert, linked interval timer
for up to 200 reps. Connects by USB to your PC. Great for AD/HD or
- An assortment of therapy merchandise: specialty toys and games,
hard-to-find favorites, innovative new products you haven't even heard of yet,
from weighted vests and blankets to therapy balls and fidgety toys...
Bravo 38" Mini Trampoline for indoors,
Bravo 12 Foot Spring Trampoline and
Safety Enclosure for 12' Trampoline, or
Bravo 14 Foot Band Trampoline and
Safety Enclosure for 14' Trampoline
- Small indoor tramps, or big outdoor tramps with safety enclosures - both
help the AD/HD or SI child remain focused and calm... and mom and dad, too!
Always use a safety enclosure on outdoor trampolines, and follow all safety
precautions specified by the manufacturer...
- A different kind of binder, for the organizationally challenged.
Fully enclosed, stackable plastic binder-size cases...
- Vibrating Alarm Watches
8 Vibration Watch with Black Leather Band or other band options
Stainless Steel Band,
Black Urethane Band,
Blue Urethane Band,
Pink Urethane Band or previous models
Stainless Steel Band,
Light Blue/White Velcro Band,
Blue with Blue Velcro Band,
Camouflage Velcro Band,
Navy Blue Velcro Band,
Brown Velcro Band,
VibraLITE 2 with Plain Band
- Watch features multiple vibration alarms (auto-shutoff after approx. 20
sec.), countdown timer which you can use for daily reminders,
electro-luminescent back light (also switches to audible alarms)
MeΔos Multi-Vibration Alarm Watch Adult - Unisex
- Silent vibrating alarm watch, with up to 6 daily silent or audible alarms,
plus auto-repeat - great for medication dosage, or AD/HD reminder to focus.
Countdown auto-repeat timer, training mode, reminder mode, backlight.
Great for AD/HD children and adults
- Wizcom SuperPen Professional or
C Pen 800C Handheld Scanner
- Note-taking can be time-consuming and tedious for some twice exceptional
kids, and these pen scanners can be a real lifesaver! Scan, store and
transfer printed data to a PDA, PC; recognizes more than 6 languages...
Now The Complete Program for Better Handwriting, by Getty and Dubay,
also available from
- more than a cure for sloppy handwriting, it's a practical guide to an
efficient style of writing that can radically improve productivity through
more effective written communication. This hands-on book teaches italic
handwriting that is highly legible and rapid. The
letters are loop-free and essentially the same in both printed and joined
- Wobble boards are great for those kinesthetic learners, and those who must move while they work
- they even work while sitting down.
Classic Balance Board or
Wobble Board, great for agility, balance, strength, and ... parents'
sanity! For our more coordinated kids,
Pivot Balance Board...
August 03, 2020