Support Hoagies' Page!
Shop Hoagies' Page before you visit your favorite on-line stores
(Prufrock code HOAGIES for free
shipping) and many more. Thanks for your support!
Your donations help keep Hoagies' Gifted Education Page on-line.
January 23, 2016
Case of Brilliance by Rebecca Lange Hein
- One family's story of raising musically and academically gifted
children... a fascinating read! Visit XLibris
for a sample chapter...
maestro: some of the best software begins with a blank screen by Del
- What makes an empty container so attractive? Creative possibilities.
Parents and educators can learn from the lesson of children at play with empty
boxes when selecting software. While a myriad of quality educational software
programs exist, some of the best programs resemble an empty box...
Arts Instruction for Exceptionally and Profoundly Gifted Children by Beth
- What special considerations do parents and educators need to make when
planning performing arts instruction for exceptionally and profoundly gifted
(hereafter referred to as eg/pg) children? Such children are marked by
specific traits, about which parents and educators must be familiar in order
to properly accommodate this special population...
4, Plays One Mean Trumpet (CBS)
- "He said he wanted to try it," recalls his mother, Beth Bingham, "and so I
showed him how to blow a note," Geoffrey was in love...
Genius: Dorothy DeLay and the Making of a Musician by Barbara Sand
- Some people are born teachers, some become great through experience, and
some become famous through their students. The renowned violin teacher Dorothy
DeLay fits all three categories... at Julliard, with students including Itzhak
Syndrome: A Study of Unique Musical Talents in Persons with Disabilities
- Smiling, sociable, and often musically adept, persons with Williams Syndrome
(WS) have only recently been recognized as a distinct group of people with
talents and needs that may differentiate them from people with other disabling