Shop Hoagies' Page before you visit your favorite on-line stores
and many more of your favorite stores. Thanks for making Hoagies' Gifted
Your donations help keep Hoagies' Gifted Education Page on-line.
Support Hoagies' Page!
Journals and Periodicals for Parents
and Educators of Gifted Children
(Updated September 2003)
Top of Page Back to ERIC Menu Back to Hoagies' Gifted Education Page
- Creative Kids, a magazine for students. Prufrock Press, 800.998.2208; www.prufrock.com
- Gifted and Talented International. The journal of the World Council for Gifted and Talented children is a peer-reviewed journal published twice a year. The journal publishes manuscripts that are based on research in the field of gifted education, including intervention studies of classroom practice, methods employed in the education of gifted students, and cross-cultural studies on topics of interest to the field. For information, contact Joyce VanTassel-Baska, Editor, c/o Center for Gifted Education, College of William and Mary, PO Box 8705, Williamsburg, VA 23185-8705
- Gifted Child Quarterly is the official publication of the National Association for Gifted Children (NAGC). It contains articles of interest to professionals and those with some reading experience in the field of gifted education. The journal also publishes quantitative or qualitative research studies as well as manuscripts which explore policy and policy implications. Prufrock Press, 800.998.2208; www.prufrock.com
- Gifted Child Today (G/C/T) offers educators practical and timely information about motivating and educating talented learners. It avoids jargon and provides useful classroom projects written by educators who work with gifted, creative, and talented children. Prufrock Press, 800.998.2208; www.prufrock.com
- Gifted Education Communicator, published quarterly by the California Association for the Gifted (CAG), geared for all parents and educators of the gifted; available with or without CAG membership. CAG, 15141 E. Whittier Blvd., Suite 510, Whittier, CA 90603, 562.789.9933; e-mail: CAGOffice1@aol.com; www.CAGifted.org
- Gifted Education International, published three times a year for the international community. For information, contact Belle Wallace, Editor, c/o A B Academic Publishers, PO Box 42, Bicester, Oxon, OX6 7NW, England
- Gifted Education Press Quarterly uses a newsletter format to provide articles on unusual topics in gifted education. For subscription information, contact Maurice Fisher, www.cais.com/gep/.
- Imagine. A periodical for middle and high school students who want to take control of their learning and get the most out of their precollege years. Published five times a year by Johns Hopkins University's Center for Talented Youth. www.jhu.edu/gifted/imagine/
- Journal for the Education of the Gifted (JEG) is the official publication of The Association for the Gifted (TAG), and is committed to the analysis and communication of knowledge and research in the field of gifted education. It is aimed at the experienced reader of the literature. Prufrock Press, 800.998.2208; www.prufrock.com.
- The Journal of Secondary Gifted Education (JSGE) offers education professionals a mixture of innovative theory and research focused on adolescents. It is designed especially for professionals interested in secondary and post-secondary programs for gifted and talented children. Prufrock Press, 800.998.2208; www.prufrock.com.
- Parenting for High Potential is NAGCs quarterly magazine designed for parents. Each issue includes special features, expert advice columns, software and book reviews, ideas from parents, and a pull-out childrens section. Prufrock Press, 800.998.2208; www.prufrock.com.
- Roeper Review, published quarterly, focuses on current research and issues that relate to the lives and experiences of gifted children. For educators, counselors, and parents who have had some experience in reading in the field. www.roeperreview.org/.
- Understanding Our Gifted, published quarterly, addresses the intellectual, social, and emotional needs of gifted youth through regular columns and feature articles. Provides practical information on current issues in a clear, interesting writing style. Open Space Communications, Inc., 800.494.6178; www.openspacecomm.com.
copyright © 2003
ERIC Clearinghouse on Disabilities and Gifted Education